Ryan Wexelblatt, LSW, CAS | Director of Center for Social in Narberth, PA
Ryan Wexelblatt's Bio:
Working in the field of special education since graduating Bryn Mawr College School of Social Work Ryan has dedicated his career to helping children, adolescents and young adults who present with ADHD, Asperger's syndrome, learning differences and higher-independence autism spectrum diagnoses.
Ryan has created and lead a variety of successful programs serving students who present with social learning needs. These programs include Hill Top Summer Camp, Camp Sequoia, Sequoia Kids Program and most recently The Center for Social in Narberth, Pennsylvania.
Center for Social provides social skills programs, individual and small group social skills instruction, therapy and executive function coaching.
Center for Social offers innovative programs for boys and young men who need help developing their social cognitive skills. These programs include Guy Talk, How to Hang Out and Safe & Smart: Internet safety and social media usage. Center for Social is the only male-specific provider of social skills groups instruction in North America
Additionally, Ryan is the Director of Social Village at Princeton Speech-Language and Learning in Princeton, New Jersey.
Well known in the local ADHD and Asperger's communities Ryan has presented at faculty trainings, to parent groups throughout the Northeast including CHADD and ASPEN as well as at professional conferences such as the Gwynedd Mercy Autism Conference, American Camp Association Tri-State Conference, Jewish Learning Venture Inclusion Conference, the Pennsylvania Community on Secondary Transition Conference and the National Sex Ed Conference. Ryan is known for his authentic and affable presentation style.
Ryan is a licensed social worker in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and a Certified Autism Specialist. He received a Social Thinking Clinical Training Level 1 Certificate of Completion fromthe Social Thinking clinic in San Jose, California. He is one of the few professionals in the Philadelphia area to have completed this training.
Ryan can be reached at: [email protected] or 484-278-1088
Ryan Wexelblatt, LSW, CAS
Ryan Wexelblatt's Experience:
Owner at Center for SocialSeptember 2014 - Present | Narberth, PA
- Teach executive function skill development, social cognitive skill development and self care/sex education and relationship education to individuals ages 11 through adulthood. - Consulting with families around transition planning and post-secondary options. - Teach parents how to integrate strategies at home to support student’s executive function, social and independent skill development.
Director | Social Village at Princeton Speech, Language and LearningSeptember 2015 - Present | Princeton, NJ
Director of Social Village, a social-recreational program for students ages 8-18 and young adults ages 18-23.
Freelance Consulting and Project Development at Ryan WexelblattApril 2013 - July 2015 | Narberth, PA
- Provide consultation on branding, marketing and program development to executive coaches and clinicians. - Consult with clinicians to develop summer programs serving students who present with ADHD, Aspergers syndrome and High-functioning autism spectrum diagnoses. - Direct development of projects such as e-books, website redesign, SEO, social media strategy, advertising and marketing deliverables.
Founder and Director at Camp Sequoia/Sequoia Kids Program2010 - 2014
- Founder and Director of year-round educational programs for students who present with social skill needs. Client population includes students diagnosed with learning differences, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, and High-functioning autism spectrum diagnoses. Client base and retention increased each year of operation under my leadership serving over 150 families annually. - Managed all facets of business operations including admissions, recruiting, program/curricula development, logistical management, clinical interventions, communications, staffing, budgeting, marketing and program evaluation. - Recruited, trained and supervised program staff of 42 consisting primarily of undergraduate and graduate students. Provided ongoing staff training and evaluation. Created staff training materials and led staff orientation. - Developed curricula and facilitated Social Thinking groups and sexual health education groups. Developed transition skill development curricula. - Presented at professional conferences, faculty trainings, parent support meetings and advocacy group meetings. - Provided educational consulting to student’s families. Provided clinical consultation to student’s schools and related service providers. - Cultivated relationships with school administrators, educational service providers and health care professionals in order to increase brand awareness and drive enrollment. - Creating all content for website, marketing deliverables, parent education and presentations. Wrote published articles for online publications.
Summer Program Director & High School Clinician at Hill Top Preparatory School2008 - 2011
- High School Clinician at college preparatory school for students diagnosed with learning differences. - Founder and Director of Hill Top Summer Program. Increased school’s revenue stream and referrals to school admissions as a result of successful enrollment in summer program. - Managed all aspects of summer program operations including admissions, program/curricula development, logistical management, budgeting, staffing, communications and customer service. - Presented at professional conferences, prospective family information sessions and professional provider open houses. - Recruited, trained and supervised summer program staff consisting of education majors and teachers, created and facilitated staff trainings. - Provided individual and group counseling on weekly basis. Developed group counseling curriculum based on transitional needs of each student group. Provided clinical consultation to student’s families. - Collaborated with local advocacy organizations, behavioral health and related service providers in order to drive summer program funding and enrollment. - Created all marketing and parent education materials.
Clinician/Certified School Social Worker at Y.A.L.E. School2004 - 2008
- Clinician at private school for students diagnosed with social, learning and behavioral health needs. - Provided individual and group counseling to students, provided in-class support for teachers as needed. - Provided guidance to students and their families regarding transition and post-high school options. - Developed and taught social learning curriculum tailored to specific classrooms based on student’s cognitive ability, emotional and social skill needs. - Conducted crisis assessment and consulted with students mental health providers. - Facilitated IEP meetings and annual review meetings. Designed social-emotional IEP goals.
Ryan Wexelblatt's Education:
Bryn Mawr College1996 – 1998MSSConcentration: Clinical Social Work
Temple University1991 – 1995BAConcentration: Communication
Ryan Wexelblatt's Interests & Activities:
Social Skills, Social Thinking, Executive Function Skills, Transition Planning, College Planning, ADHD, Asperger's,High-functioning Autism, Learning Disabilties,Social Learning, Social Skills Groups, Sexuality and Relationship Education, Center for Social, Social Village, Camp Sequoia, Sequoia Kids Program, Hill Top Summer Camp, Hill Top Preparatory School, Y.A.L.E. School, Certified Autism Specialist, social anxiety