Ryan Wexelblatt, LSW | Director of Center for ADHD in Narberth, Pennsylvania
Ryan Wexelblatt's Bio:
Working in the field of special education since graduating Bryn Mawr College School of Social Work Ryan has dedicated his career to helping children, adolescents and young adults who present with ADHD, Asperger's syndrome, learning differences and higher-independence autism spectrum diagnoses.
Ryan has created and lead a variety of successful programs serving students who present with social learning needs. These programs include Hill Top Summer Camp, Camp Sequoia, Sequoia Kids Program and most recently The Center for Social in Narberth, Pennsylvania.
Center for Social offers innovative programs for boys who need help developing their social-cognitive skills. These programs include Guy Stuff, How to Hang Out. Executive Function Skills for Life and Safe, Smart and Social, a program to teach safe and appropriate internet safety and social media use.
Well known in the Philadelphia area ADHD and Asperger’s communities, Ryan has presented to parent groups throughout the Northeast including CHADD (Children and Adults with ADHD). He has presented to peers and colleagues at Gwynedd Mercy Autism Conference, the Pennsylvania Community on Secondary Transition Conference, American Camp Association Tri-State Conference, and Jewish Learning Venture Inclusion Conference. His national speaking engagements include the National Sex Ed Conference, the Social Thinking® Global Providers Conference, and the Annual Autism Society National Conference. Ryan is known for his authentic, affable presentation style.
Learn more about Ryan here.
Ryan regularly presents at parent support groups as well as local, regional and national conferences. Please go to upcoming presentations for a list of Ryan’s upcoming speaking engagements.
Ryan is a licensed social worker in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and a Certified Autism Specialist. He received a Social Thinking Clinical Training Level 1 Certificate of Completion from the Social Thinking clinic in San Jose, California. He is one of the few professionals in the Philadelphia area to have completed this training.
Ryan can be reached at: [email protected] or 484-278-1088
Ryan Wexelblatt's Experience:
Owner at Center for ADHDSeptember 2014 - Present | Narberth, PA
- Private therapy practice focusing on serving students and adults diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, social anxiety and higher-verbal autism spectrum diagnoses. - Treatment areas focus on improving social-cognitive, emotional regulation and executive function skills as well as treating social anxiety. - Provide individual therapy, individual and small group social skills instruction - Develop curricula and facilitate Social Thinking®, sexuality and relationship education and executive function skill building programs for boys. - Facilitate parent education programs on topics pertaining to sexuality and relationship education as well as social-cognitive skill development. - Consult with families around transition planning and post-secondary options for high school students. - Present at national, regional and local conferences as well as parent support groups.
Director | Social Village at Princeton Speech, Language and LearningAugust 2015 - Present | Princeton, NJ
- Served as Director of social-recreational program for students ages 8-19 who present with social learning needs (Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD and higher-independence Autism Spectrum diagnoses. - Provided parent trainings on sexuality education and relationship skills. - Facilitated “Guy Talk” program for middle and high school students. - Created programming, oversee budgeting, marketing, website content and staff supervision. - Trained program staff to help support students’ social cognitive skills, emotional regulation skills and executive function skill development. - Facilitated admissions process and serve as contact person for prospective families.
Freelance Consulting and Project Development at Ryan WexelblattApril 2013 - Present | Narberth, PA
- Provide individual and group therapy throug Spectra Support Services (Broomall, PA) to provide individual counseling and social skills groups for undergraduate students and college-age young adults. Group topics include sexuality and relationship education, social cognitive and executive function skill development. - Provide Behavior Specialist services to individuals through the Pennsylvania Adult Autism Waiver - Provided consultation around program development to Terri Rossman, Director of Princeton Speech-Language and Learning on development of Social Village program. - Assisted Dr. Jesse Matthews, Psychologist on development of professional website, marketing materials, social media and self-branding. Provided coaching on marketing services to the Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome communities. - Provided consultation and project development to Katy Shamitz, Counselor and Owner of Skills for Living. Assisted with development of new, revenue generating programs, cost structure analysis and development of summer program.
Founder and Director at Camp Sequoia/Sequoia Kids ProgramSeptember 2010 - January 2014
- Founder and Director of year-round educational programs for students who present with social skill needs. Client population includes students diagnosed with learning differences, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, and High-functioning autism spectrum diagnoses. Client base and retention increased each year of operation under my leadership serving over 150 families annually. - Managed all facets of business operations including admissions, recruiting, program/curricula development, logistical management, clinical interventions, communications, staffing, budgeting, marketing and program evaluation. - Recruited, trained and supervised program staff of 42 consisting primarily of undergraduate and graduate students. Provided ongoing staff training and evaluation. Created staff training materials and led staff orientation. - Developed curricula and facilitated Social Thinking groups and sexual health education groups. Developed transition skill development curricula. - Presented at professional conferences, faculty trainings, parent support meetings and advocacy group meetings. - Provided educational consulting to student’s families. Provided clinical consultation to student’s schools and related service providers. - Cultivated relationships with school administrators, educational service providers and health care professionals in order to increase brand awareness and drive enrollment. - Creating all content for website, marketing deliverables, parent education and presentations. Wrote published articles for online publications.
Summer Program Director & High School Clinician at Hill Top Preparatory SchoolJuly 2008 - January 2011
- High School Clinician at college preparatory school for students diagnosed with learning differences. - Founder and Director of Hill Top Summer Program. Increased school’s revenue stream and referrals to school admissions as a result of successful enrollment in summer program. - Managed all aspects of summer program operations including admissions, program/curricula development, logistical management, budgeting, staffing, communications and customer service. - Presented at professional conferences, prospective family information sessions and professional provider open houses. - Recruited, trained and supervised summer program staff consisting of education majors and teachers, created and facilitated staff trainings. - Provided individual and group counseling on weekly basis. Developed group counseling curriculum based on transitional needs of each student group. Provided clinical consultation to student’s families. - Collaborated with local advocacy organizations, behavioral health and related service providers in order to drive summer program funding and enrollment. - Created all marketing and parent education materials.
Clinician/Certified School Social Worker at Y.A.L.E. School2004 - 2008
- Clinician at private school for students diagnosed with social, learning and behavioral health needs. - Provided individual and group counseling to students, provided in-class support for teachers as needed. - Provided guidance to students and their families regarding transition and post-high school options. - Developed and taught social learning curriculum tailored to specific classrooms based on student’s cognitive ability, emotional and social skill needs. - Conducted crisis assessment and consulted with students mental health providers. - Facilitated IEP meetings and annual review meetings. Designed social-emotional IEP goals.
Ryan Wexelblatt's Education:
Bryn Mawr College1996 – 1998MSSConcentration: Clinical Social Work
Temple University1991 – 1995BAConcentration: Communication
Ryan Wexelblatt's Interests & Activities:
Social Skills, Social Thinking, Executive Function Skills, Transition Planning, ADHD, Asperger's, High-functioning Autism, Learning Disabilties, Social Learning, Social Skills Groups, Sexuality and Relationship Education, Center for ADHD, Center for Social, Camp Sequoia, Sequoia Kids Program, Hill Top Summer Camp, Hill Top Preparatory School, Y.A.L.E. School, social anxiety, social cognitive skills, social skills programs, executive function programs, parent coaching, emotional regulation skills, teaching resiliency, higher-verbal autism spectrum diagnoses, ADHD in college, Asperger's in college, high-functioning autism and college, Philadelphia area ADHD, Philadelphia area Asperger's, Philadelphia area autism, Cherry Hill New Jersey, Margate New Jersey, social skills classes, individual social skills instruction, Narberth Pennsylvania, Montgomery County Pennsylvania, Atlantic County New Jersey, ADHD Made Simple Blog